Carbon County Public Health
Carbon County Public Health’s mission is to promote, uphold, and enhance the overall health and well-being of Carbon County for the benefit of current and future generations.
As a dedicated service to the community, we strive to ensure the people of Carbon County have a safe, private, and qualified place to meet their individualized health needs. With a fully dedicated and well- educated staff, Carbon County Public Health offers both direct and population based public health nursing functions.
Do you need services from Public Health?
Call us at 307-328-2607. You can also fill out this google form and we will contact you back: Carbon County Public Health Contact Request Form
Reproductive Health Services
Reproductive Health services are now offered in our office every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month. Call 307-328-2607 to get on the schedule.
Eight Basic Public Health Nursing Functions
- Maternal and Child Health - Nurses provide an array of services to pregnant and post-partum moms and children, including Healthy Babies Home Visitation Program and Children’s Special health case management services.
- Nursing Home and Medicaid Long- term waiver Pre-admission Eligibility (LT101) - Public Health Nurses assess a client’s functional level of appropriate placement in a nursing home, an assisted living facility, or if they can live safely in their home.
- Chronic Disease prevention, Education and Management - This function includes adult health clinics and in some cases, limited home services providing direct prevention and monitoring.
- Communicable Disease Prevention - This function includes:
- HIV case-management
- Infectious disease follow-up and investigation
- Sexually transmitted infection/ HIV/ viral hepatitis screening, testing, and follow-up
- Tuberculosis screening, testing and follow-up
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness - Ensures that public health staff are knowledgeable and prepared to respond to bioterrorism and other public health emergencies
- Community Health Assessment and Planning - Public Health Nurses work with county hospitals and other stakeholders to identify barriers to the health and well-being of its residents and to implement a community health improvement plan.
- Public Information and Education - Public Health Nurses provide classes and educational opportunities to the general public on a myriad of public health topics and issues.
- Environmental Health Issues - Public Health Nurses work with local agencies to investigate issues which may be harmful to the county’s citizens and provide follow-up support and education when possible.
Wyoming Department of Health Website
Visit the Wyoming Department of Health website.